Biophysical Solutions Electronic Acupuncture System.
At Angelic Holistic Practice we offer the Biophysical Solutions Acupuncture System, which is acupuncture without the needles. Small painless electronic pulses are passed through the body via the surface electrodes instead of needles. The pulses are applied over key acupuncture points to stimulate the production of substances that form part of the body’s natural mechanisms for dealing with stress called endorphins.
Endorphins are among the brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters, which function to transmit electrical signals within the nervous system. Endorphins can be found in the pituitary gland, in other parts of the brain, or distributed throughout the nervous system. Stress and pain are the two most common factors leading to the release of endorphins. Endorphins interact with the opiate receptors in the brain to reduce our perception of pain and act similarly to drugs such as morphine and codeine. In contrast to the opiate drugs, however, activation of the opiate receptors by the body's endorphins does not lead to addiction or dependence. In addition to decreased feelings of pain, secretion of endorphins leads to feelings of euphoria, modulation of appetite, release of sex hormones, and enhancement of the immune response. With high endorphin levels, we feel less pain and fewer negative effects of stress. Endorphins have been suggested as modulators of the so-called "runner's high" that athletes achieve with prolonged exercise.
We use Electronic Diagnostic Interface (EDI) Analysis Equipment to direct a deeper, more enduring and consistent treatment and formula approach for the client’s own individual needs and constitutional type. It takes the treatment we offer to the next level in its application. The analysis equipment directs individual biophysical treatments based on the clients symptoms and which are appropriate for the client’s current situation. It analysis and directs treatment for meridian imbalances. The EDI checks for cautions and contraindications relevant for treating a client and the appropriate frequency and level are given.
Acupuncture treatment is built up on three levels.
1. Local Treatment is concerned with treating the local symptom. Acicular treatment is often used to control local symptoms without necessarily treating the cause. Treatment at the site of the symptom is not usual using Biophysical Solutions although there are one or two exceptions such as the treatment of local points for sinus problems.
2. System Treatment is more concerned with treating the cause of a particular condition and involves systems otherwise known as channels or meridians. For example pain in the medial aspect of the elbow can be controlled using particular auricular points but a more enduring result may be achieved by treating the relevant system or meridian.
3. Basic Treatment is directed at treating the underlying ‘electrical’ or ‘biophysical’ constitution of the patient, treating the ‘whole person’ as opposed to individual symptoms or systems. Some illnesses respond to basic treatment without requiring local or system treatment.
The illness is defined mainly by the basic imbalance and is not concerned with local symptoms or involves any particular meridian system e.g. hay fever, nervous tension, psoriasis, generalised rheumatoid arthritis, depression and inflammatory conditions often fall into this category.
Electronic Diagnostic Interface (EDI) Analysis Equipment.
· The EDI Analysis Equipment is programmed with a set of questions, you will be asked to answer the questions honestly. These questions are there to analyse the underlying problems to then offer an appropriate treatment for your own individual needs. The first set of questions are yes or no answers. You will then be asked to grade some questions between 1-3, 1 slight, 2 moderate and 3 severe.
· Once the questions and answer session has finished and the appropriate frequency obtained, you will then be asked to place your feet on the cylindrical foot electrodes. These are placed just behind the ball of the big toe. You will also be asked to hold the pair of cylindrical hand electrodes; these are held in the hands with fingers wrapped around them, with a light pressure. This procedure is for taking a biophysical measurement. The analysis can be finished here and relevant treatment points given to the auricular points on the ear or other channel points on the body, mainly arms, hand, legs and feet.
· If the practitioner decides to continue, a Meridian Symptom Analysis can also be taken. Another set of key questions are asked which will vary from a short list to a longer list depending on the answers you give. When all the questions are answered an individual plan of treatment is given.
· The machine also looks at the hands and feet. The energy flowing through the meridians to see if there are any imbalances. A separate analysis can be carried out on the individual meridian points on the hand and feet to measure any imbalances. This also helps us look at the balance of the left and right side of the body and brain are. Whenever electro stimulation is directed bilaterally through the body via the acupuncture system it is useful to note whether the sensation is felt equally in both hands and feet. Often stress conditions, injuries and one sided pains show a semi conductive affect. This is where a meridian may be blocked; it may only allow the energy to pass so far through the body. Where this biophysical state is associated with health problems for a client, it is termed as ‘quadrant’ condition.
· Main treatment is then given on the auricular points on the ear, or on acupoint locations mainly on the arms, hands, legs or feet.
Meridians on the Hands.
· Thumb – Lung Meridian.
· Forefinger – Large Intestine Meridian.
· Middle Finger – Circulation Meridian.
· Ring Finger – Endocrine Meridian.
· Small Finger – Heart and Small Intestine Meridian.
Meridians on the Feet.
· Big Toe – Spleen/Pancreas and Liver Meridian.
· Second Toe – Stomach Meridian.
· Third Toe – Skin Meridian.
· Fourth Toe – Gall Bladder Meridian.
· Fifth Toe – Bladder and Kidney Meridian.
A general balancing treatment can be given using the hand and feet cylindrical electrodes, to bring the meridians back into balance. This is a really relaxing treatment; it is often given to a client to help them relax if they are tense, anxious and stressed on arriving for a session, before we start applying all the other electrodes to other areas of the body.
According to Chinese Medicine there are twelve main pairs of meridians worked upon and two main vessels, this gives twenty six meridians which are generally talked about in most therapy work. Meridians used to be known as ‘Mai’ in Ancient Chinese Text. Meridians are believed in Chinese Medicine to be more important than the nerves, blood and lymph as they circulate chi (life force energy). They are part of the body’s energy system; they are invisible channels and pathways, in which the energy flows. This Universal Energy is known as many things like Chi, Prana, Qi, Kundalini etc. The meridians connect and nourish the organs, tissues, muscles, blood vessels and cells of the body, without energy our human body would not be able to perform things like respiratory, circulatory or digestive functioning etc. The meridians connect and nourish the organs of the body and if we become stressed, tense, our muscles or our bones lose alignment, the meridians get pinched and the chi blocks. Then the associated organ and bones become imbalanced and weakened. If the chi is slowed down or restricted by some internal blockage or is made to flow faster than normal through an external influence or there is extra energy in the system, the body is thrown out of balance and this can result in ill health.
The twelve main pairs of meridians are linked together at the ends of the hands, feet, head and elsewhere in the body, but provide a continuous flow of universal energy throughout the body. This life force circulates through the entire body in 24 hour period. The meridians are then divided into accupoints which makes them easier to find. In disease imbalance develop in these accupoints as they become irritate or congested. This then results in pain and weakness in the surrounding muscles. If we stimulate these points using acupressure or acupuncture it helps to normalise impaired conditions. When we feel along the meridian lines and press on these accupoint areas they may feel sore to touch showing the blockages of energy within them. Normally pain decreases after we press on them for some time. These tender pressure points may stem from either a local condition or a problem in the main organ associated with that particular meridian or the paired meridian. When an organ is inflamed most of the points along the meridian will feel tender. All meridians are bilateral and identical meridians are found on each side of the body. When working on the meridians we can assist the body to heal from the inside or outside.
Pairs of Meridians.
Heart and Small Intestine.
Lungs and Large Intestines.
Liver and Gall Bladder.
Spleen and Stomach.
Kidney and Bladder.
We look at the pairs and see if the partner meridian is also out of balance. This is seen e.g. if you have a cold (lung meridian) you may also have an upset stomach, runny stools etc. (large intestine meridian).
How long does a session last?
EDI Machine roughly 10 minutes.
10 minutes to apply electrodes.
30 minutes treatment.
10 minutes to relax after session.
Roughly 1 – 1 ¼ Hours.
What conditions can the Biophysical Solutions Electronic Acupuncture Equipments help with?
· Psychological problems like craving.
· Psychological problems like stress.
· Painful problems like joint pain, back pain and musculoskeletal disorders.
· Digestive and bowel problems like gastro intestinal disorders.
· Headaches and Migraines.
· Seasonal Affective Disorder.
· Helps to balance emotions.
· Minimise withdrawal symptoms.
· Deficient or excess energy in the meridian system.
· Stimulates appetite, may help reduce the need for long term supplementation therapy.
· Weight gain due to eating disorders.
· Normalise sleep patterns.
· Reduces anxiety, tension, irritability, fear, worry, nervousness and stress.
· Can help start or regulate menstrual problems.
· General health improves.
· Boost the immune system, changes in psycho-immuno-endenerine network.
· Balance Brain Activity (Left and right body / brain balance).
· Reduce anger, violence, rage and aggression.
· Help with phobias and paranoia (Behaviour).
· Helps with addictions like drugs, drink and smoking used by ADD Action.
· Helps us to detox.
· Helps with fatigue.
How often do I need a treatment?
For acute withdrawal and detoxing every day for at least 5 days. In most cases other than detoxing the persons comes roughly once a week for 6 weeks.
Acupressure Dot Application.
We may use acupressure dot applications on up to three areas of the ear. These are often used to treat cravings, on the stomach and lung points as they help with addiction. These points effectively reduce or eliminate cravings. We tend to place the dot on the point that is more active than the other; we can tell this by using the ear probe. The acupressure plaster with the small mag dot is placed on the acupressure point on the ear. This can be left on for a few days and is massaged each time a craving is felt. It is a good way of carrying on treating yourself between treatments with the therapist. I may also use a mag dot on a person is anxious and stressed, placed on the stress acupressure point.
What can I expect from a treatment?
Anxiety and stress relief.
Return to a normal sleep pattern.
Return of appetite.
Boost to immune system.
Less anxiety, tension, stress and better coping ability.
· Clients with a cardiac pacemaker or recently diagnosed heart problems.
· Pregnant women.
· If skin is inflamed or broken.
· Brain Cancer.
· Neurological Problems.
· Clients with indwelling metal pins/plates etc. May experience pain at these sites during a session.
· Deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
· Nerve damage (Diabetic neuropathy).
· Insulin Dependent.
Please do not eat at least an hour before the session. False readings may be obtained via the EDI machine and the acupuncture cannot be given within this time scale. Moist hands may need to be dried with a tissue and very dry hands may need to be wetted in water and lightly dried to help give accurate readings.
£30.00 an hour
Please read our disclaimer here http://www.angelicholisticpractice.co.uk/terms.php before booking a reading or Therapy