Infra Red Sauna Cabinet
What is an Infrared Sauna?
The infrared Sauna Lamp was first used about 100 years ago. The light bulb had just been invented by Thomas Edison. Early units made use of 40 small regular bulbs. It was found to remove toxins faster than the traditional saunas available.
There are three basic types of saunas:
- Traditional saunas that consist of a small room or space with an electric, gas or wood heater, or heated with hot rocks.
- Far infrared saunas that use ceramic or metallic elements for heating and mainly emit in the far infrared range.
- Infrared lamp saunas that use incandescent infrared heat lamps. They emit mainly near infrared, some middle infrared and perhaps a tiny amount of far infrared energy. They also emit a small amount of red, orange and yellow visible light. This type also provides warming and stimulating colour therapy. Red, orange and yellow assist the eliminative organs.
An infrared sauna is a sauna that heats its occupants with heaters that emit far infrared radiant heat. Unlike traditional Finnish Saunas, infrared saunas do not use steam, (which heats the air, and thereby the user) but instead use infrared radiation to directly heat the user. In an infrared sauna, the infrared heater produces radiant energy, which is the same as the heat from the sun, only without the harmful ultraviolet rays.
The experience of a far infrared sauna is similar to sunbathing. The far infrared heat penetrates your skin and heats you and not the air around you, giving you that wonderful natural warmth. Unlike sunbathing, Infrared heat therapy is completely healthy and safe. You can relax in a far infrared sauna and it will never cause your skin to burn. Far infrared heat is completely healthy and safe for all living things. In fact, far infrared heat is so safe it is used in hospitals to warm newborn infants.
Infrared saunas do not need the heat of a traditional sauna; infrared penetrates the skin and heats from the inside as well as on the skin. This means the air temperature in the sauna can remain cooler, yet one sweats plenty at this lower temperature.
Only the far infrared rays penetrate organic substances, such as the human body. It penetrates over one and a half to three inches, to safely and effectively warm your body.
Infrared cameras can be used to show changes in blood flow circulation. The thermal image below shows an increase in temperature and blood flow in the muscles of the subjects back after message therapy. We use high-tech certified thermograph cameras to do our research and verify the human body blood flow hypothesis.
What are the benefits of Infrared Sauna Cabinets?
- Can help to stimulate and increase blood circulation.
- Can help with cell function.
- Can help to boost moods and lift depression.
- Can help to promote healthy sleep and help with insomnia.
- Can help with jetlag.
- Can help with hangovers.
- Can help to treat tissue damage.
- Can help with weight loss.
- Can help treat cellulite.
- Can help to improve the immune system.
- Can help with skin problems like with eczema, psoriasis and acne.
- Can help with skin rejuvenation, is an excellent beauty treatment.
- Can help with healing of sports injuries.
- Can help to strengthen the cardio-vascular system and cardiovascular rehabilitation
- Can help control blood pressure.
- Can help to remove toxins from the body.
- Can help to kill bacteria, fungi, parasites and viruses by raising body temperature. People with lower body temperature cannot always get rid of chronic Infections. Common sites of infections are the sinuses, ears, bladder, throat and intestines.
- Fever Therapy (Hyperthermia) can help with killing abnormal cells, like tumours that tolerate heat poorly.
- Can help to give you more energy.
- Can help to remove stress and tension from the body.
- Can help to treat burns, wounds and scars.
- Can help to relieve pain like joint pain or stiffness and sore muscles.
- Can help with inflammatory conditions.
- Can help with sciatica.
- Can help with arthritis and rheumatism.
- Can help with back pain.
- Can help to control your cholesterol levels.
- Can help to treat bronchitis.
- Can help to treat hives (urticaria).
- Can help to treat gout.
- Reduces signs of aging.
- Can help with fatigue.
- Can help to improve your general strength and vitality.
- Can help with general health and wellbeing.
Basic Safety Procedures.
- We recommend you begin with 20 minutes session in the sauna and after a few weeks of use, when you feel ready to do so you can increase it to a maximum of 40 minutes. If you are sensitive to heat we recommend you start with 15 minutes and build up.
- We recommend a temperature of 30-45 degrees C.
- We recommend the infrared sauna is safe for all ages, but time is reduced for children and the elderly, after doctorís permission is gained.
- We also recommend you start with a session once a week, once you are use to using the sauna you can then have more treatments a week.
- We recommend you rest for at least 15 minutes after a session in the sauna, DO NOT go back to your daily activities or driving.
- We recommend you have a shower after a session in the sauna; this removes any toxins from the skin.
- We recommend when you have ready the contra-indications if you are still not sure whether to have a sauna treatment ask your Doctorís advice.
- We recommend you drink adequate water (room temperature, not cold) before and after a session.
- We recommend you continue with any prescribed medication, when you have any alternative therapy.
- We recommend regular deep infrared therapy treatments to increase the metabolic rate and detoxify the body. A strong consistent flow of energy is the key to alleviating tension. By enhancing the blood circulation in the back, a cocktail of endorphins is release into your body, giving a feeling of wellbeing.
As with all therapies you may experience a healing crisis, it is where the bodies own natural healing process starts. These reactions are generally temporary, it is releasing toxins from the body and infections may get worse before they get better. Symptoms may vary from mild odours, tastes, rashes, fatigue, bowel changes, pains, headaches and may feel sick. These normally will only last a day or two.
Contra-Indications to using an Infrared Sauna.
Far Infrared Radiation (FIR) is considered harmless for humans. Infrared heaters are even used to heat premature babies in hospitals incubators. But some people with certain illnesses and conditions shouldnít use an infrared sauna or should do with great caution.
- Metal pins, rods, artificial joints or surgical implants.
- Insensitivity to heat.
- Haemophilia prone to bleeding.
- Cardiovascular conditions or problems (Please ask doctor first).
- Hypertension or hypotension.
- Conditions associated with impaired sweating. Like multiple sclerosis, central nervous system problems, tumours, Parkinsonís and diabetes with neuropathy. The reduced ability to sweat or perspire.
- If you take prescribed drugs it can impair the bodyís natural heat loss mechanisms or effects may be changed when your body is exposed to far infrared radiation.
- If you have any pain or discomfort stop using the infrared sauna.
- Menstruation flow may be increased.
- Acute joint injuries.
- Silicone or other implants.
- Children as it can raise temperature faster than in adults, ask doctor first. This occurs due to a higher metabolic rate per body, mass, limited circulatory adaption to increase cardiac demands and the inability to regulate body temperature by sweating. When using with a child it must be at a lower temperature and they must use it no longer than 15 minutes.
- Older people ask doctor first, as the ability to maintain temperature decreases with age due to circulatory condition and decreased sweat gland function. The body must be able to activate its natural cooling process in order to maintain core body to maintain core body temperature. Operate at a lower temperature and no more than 15 minutes.
- Have a temperature or fever.
- Joint injury if recent, do not heat in first 48 hours, or if swollen, wait for main symptoms to subside.
- Pacemaker or defibrillator.
- Alcohol abuse.
- If on medication from doctors, check medication first as elevated body temperature may change effects of the drugs like diuretics, barbiturates, beta blockers as they impair the bodyís natural heat loss.
- Within an hour of eating.
Never sleep inside the sauna while it is on.
Not to be used in an electrical storm or if there is a remote chance of a shock.
Music is a marvellous method of exerting a positive influence on the psyche. Microscopic analysis made by the Japanese scientist Masaru Emoto has shown that enjoying relaxing music produces a unified, beautiful and harmonic motion of water molecules.
As our bodies are 70% water, this harmony is felt throughout the whole body. The oscillations absorbed by the water molecules have a direct effect on our central nervous system, and our mood. Carefully selected music will cheer, relax sooth, harmonise, activate and revitalize the Mind, Body, spirit and Emotions.
We have a large selection of music C/Dís to choose from, ranging from:
- Native American.
- Pan Pipes.
- Sound of the sea.
- Singing Bowls.
- Tuning Folks.
- Sounds of India.
- Tubular Bells.
- Sound of Ireland.
- The Seasons.
- Chakra Music.
Sun Light Therapy.
We also have a white light fitted to the Infrared Sauna Cabinet; the effect is similar to that of natural sunlight. It helps to regulate the metabolism and leads to the production of vital Vitamin D, as well as supporting the immune system, strengthening resistance to disease and acting as a stimulator of the self healing ability of the body. It helps to fight depression, which is often brought on by the lack of natural sunlight in the dark months.
We can appreciate the influence of sunlight on humans by looking at the difference between people of northern and southern Europe. Statistically there is more depression in the northern parts of Europe, especially in the colder months. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) has been widely acknowledged by the medical profession for many years.
Light deprivation can increase metabolic disorders, depression, skin disease, allergies and conditions caused by impaired/suppressed immune systems.
We have also fitted a colour therapy light, controlled by a hand controller to allow you to have exactly the colour tone or shade you require.
Colour therapy helps the balancing and harmonising of the mind, body, spirit and emotions. Colours are differentiated light and research indicates that our physical and mental well being, are affected by our relationship with the colours (or lack of them) in our environment.
Colour has been used in healing from ancient times. The sunís rays have been known to have magical healing qualities and these rays passed through a prism will give you the colours that have good healing properties for certain illnesses and injuries. Most well known is perhaps is the relationship between specific colours and the chakras of the body in Ayurvedic Medicine.
(Please see our Colour Therapy page for more information, Contra-Indications and Benefits of colour therapy.)
Before treatment starts I will assess the colour and its complementary colour that will be used, I will discuss how long how long you require each colour. A timer will be given to use in the sauna, to time the amount of time each colour is given.
Use when you need to meet a demanding day, or when you feel drained. The colour red provides the power from the earth and gives energy on all levels. It is symbolic of vitality and energy. It connects us to our physical body. Everything that is to be commenced needs the life vitality of red. It increases blood circulation and treats ailments. It warms cold areas to reduce pain.
Personality Traits: Courageous, confident, humanistic, strong-willed, spontaneous, honest, and extroverted.
The Root Chakra is governed by the red energy.
HAPPINESS, CONFIDENCE, RESOURCEFULNESS
Brings joy to our workday and strengthens our appetite for life! Orange is the best emotional stimulant. It connects us to our senses and helps to remove inhibitions and makes us independent and social. It is symbolic of prosperity and high spirits. Used to increase immunity, help with depression, all digestive ailments, and chest or kidney disease.
Personality Traits: Enthusiastic, happy, sociable, energetic, sporty, self-assured, and constructive
The Spleen Chakra is governed by the orange energy.
Gives us clarity of thought, increases awareness, and stimulates interest and curiosity. Yellow energy is related to the ability to perceive and understand. The yellow energy connects us to our mental self.
Personality Traits: Good-humoured, optimistic, confident, practical, and intellectual.
The Solar Plexus Chakra is governed by the yellow energy.
Helps relax muscles, nerves, and thoughts. Cleanses and balances our energy, to give a feeling of renewal, peace and harmony. Green connects us to unconditional love and is used for balancing our whole being. It is good for relaxation, tired nerves and helping heart conditions. It is a good general healing colour because it stimulates growth and is beneficial with broken bones and the re-growth of tissue of all kinds.
Personality Traits: Understanding, self-controlled, adaptable, sympathetic, compassionate, generous, humble, nature loving, and romantic.
The Heart Chakra is governed by the green energy.
This is a mentally-relaxing colour. Blue has a pacifying effect on the nervous system and brings great relaxation. Ideal for sleep problems, and hyper-active children. Connects us to holistic thought, and gives us wisdom and clarity enhancing communication and speech. This is the colour of tranquillity, good for calming and reducing anxiety. Cooling and good for burns.
Personality Traits: Loyal, tactful, affectionate, inspiring, inventive, caring, and cautious.
The Throat Chakra is governed
by the blue energy.
The indigo energy connects us to our unconscious self, and gives us the experience of being part of the whole universe. Strengthens intuition, imagination, psychic powers, and increases dream activity.
Personality Traits: Intuitive, fearless, practical, idealistic, wise, and a truth seeker.
The Brow Chakra is governed
by the indigo energy.
Purifies our thoughts and feelings giving us inspiration in all undertakings. The violet energy connects us to our spiritual self, bringing guidance, wisdom and inner strength. Enhances artistic talent and creativity. It can bring balance and perception, good for mental, nervous problems, and connecting with spiritual self. Assists very well with rheumatism, pain and epilepsy.
Personality Traits: Inspirational leaders, kindly and just, humanitarians, self-scarifying, visionary, creative, and strong mentally.
The Crown Chakra is governed by the violet energy.
Before treatment starts I will assess the colour and its complementary colour required, I will discuss how long you require each colour. A timer will be given to use in the sauna, to time the amount of time each colour is given.
Price of Infrared Sauna Therapy.
1 hour, this includes up to 30 minutes in the sauna, music therapy, 10-15 minutes rest and a shower. £30.00
1 Ė 1.5 hours, which includes up to 30 minutes sauna, colour light therapy and consultation for colours to use, music therapy, 10-15 minutes rest and a shower £40.00