In our busy and modern-day world, Meditation can reduce stress and help us relax; but, it can also help us find ourselves and make sense of the chaos that is often day-to-day living. Meditation helps to reduce stress, helps us to live in the current moment, not dwell on things that are holding us back and in turn this help us to unlock our creative potential.
Studies have shown that meditation has many benefits to health due to the decrease in stress that occurs through meditation. With lower levels of stress and anxiety, this will help with circulatory disorders for example. There are clear links to emotional stress creating physical stress and subsequent ill health. Meditation can give us peace of mind, and this can be a helpful step in avoiding many stress related ailments. Meditation has also been shown to relieve the pain associated with certain illnesses.
The different positive effects that have been found and confirmed with the practice of mediation are:
· Scientists of the University of Wisconsin scanned the brains of practicing Buddhists and discovered the part of the brain associated with happiness showed more activity than people doing no meditation. Meditation has the ability to make a person ‘Happy!’
· Meditation relaxes the body and muscles and slows the heart rate and improves circulation. The heart rate is slowed down due to the production of neuropeptides.
· Helps release anxiety, stress and tension. Research done in 1960’s at the Harvard Medical School showed meditation returns stress hormonal levels to normal. It reduces mental anxiety and physical tension.
· Helps with breathing, as uses breath control techniques.
· Helps deal with emotions like anger and selfishness and promotes compassion and love.
· Makes us more positive.
· Helps clear the mind and puts the brain into neutral.
· Connects us to our soul and our maker ‘spirit’, spiritual enlightenment.
· Helps us get in touch with our unconscious or subconscious mind and help us hear what it is trying to tell us and our perspective widens and get more insight into our problems.
· Helps you get in touch with your senses and feeling what is around us like sounds, feelings, smells etc.
· It can bring with it a new way of seeing things past and present.
· Mental clarity.
· Self -awareness.
· Inner peace.
· Through meditation we let go of ego, desires, cravings and demands.
· We become more open and less selfish, judgemental, guilty and jealous and less negative. Meditation gets you to a point in your life that you can step back and see the situation and control the anger.
· Focus concentration and concentration span lengthens and you come efficient and incisive and better academic achievement.
· You can prioritise better in your every day life.
· Renewal vitality, enthusiasm, exhilarated and energy.
· We can heal ourselves through meditation using colours to balance, align and charge the charkas.
· Helps develop compassion, love and kindness to all other living things.
· Through (EEG) alpha wave level is much higher than in sleep and evenly synchronised across both hemispheres of the brain and this optimises brain functioning. Alpha waves are associated with quiet relaxation and receptivity and indicating that the body is relaxing and the nervous system that reverses the fight-or-flight stress response is taking control.
· Medical research has looked at the fact that when the mind is relaxed, the body seems less susceptible to disease of immune-strengthening beta-endorphins following meditation.
· Helps to keep aging at bay and keeps mental, physical, cognitive and perceptual abilities more of that of a younger person.
· Helps you live longer due to the levels of the hormone (dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate) being kept at normal levels, instead of decreasing with age.
· Meditation can help with chronic illness, pain care, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer care and mental health.
· Increased creativity.
· More emotionally stable.
· A sense of fulfilment and purpose.
· Improved self-confidence.
· Better sleep patterns, lowers need for so much sleep in the future.
· Faster recovery.
· Improved co-ordination.
· Increased stamina.
· Reduced pain.
· Focuses natural attention of the flow of breath through the body.
· Reduces physiological arousal.
· We can cope with pressure better.
· Slows you down, helps make you calmer and brings with it fundamental rest.
· Greater self esteems.
· Helps you full fill relationships.
Meditation £25.00 an hour
Relaxation Therapy £25.00 an hour
Colour breathing £25.00 an hour.
We also offer sessions with the:
Heart Math £15.00 for 30 minutes on top of session price.
Wild Divine £15.00 for 30 minutes on top of session price.