Do you want to?
Feel Great (self worth and self esteem)?
Learn correct eating patterns?
Understand how different foods affect your health?
Eat the correct proportions of Carbs, Proteins and Fats?
Address health concerns?
Boost energy levels?
- Improve your immune system?
Then you may want to see a Nutritional Therapist!
Do you feel confused what to eat, drink and which supplements to take ?
Then you may need to see a Nutritional Therapist!
Nutritional Therapy looks at the underlying root cause of ill health; this may be an energy imbalance, food intolerance, food allergy or a deficiency of a key vitamin(s) or mineral(s). It is important to find why the ill health is occurring rather than treating a symptom or illness. It is only when the root cause is addressed that the ‘Road to Recovery’ truly begins. The underlying root problem is often identified via Health and Lifestyle Analysis and allergy testing. Once the underlying root problem is found a tailored program including education, diet, lifestyle and food supplementation is developed. The food supplements we offer are manufactured by Nature’s Sunshine.
I am a Nutritional Therapist my role is to work on you ‘Holistically’ the Mind, Body, Emotions and Spirit. I aim to find the root cause of the problem and to then help your body start its own natural healing process. I am not a Clinical Nutritional Therapist so I am not allowed to diagnose. I work on the conditions all ready diagnosed by a Medical Practitioner.
Nutritional therapy requires simple adjustments to be made to your diet and lifestyle to allow the body to start its own natural inbuilt healing process. Sometimes this natural healing process has become sluggish, possibly due to an energy blockage in some meridians or chakras, once these energy blockages are removed it frees up the energy to allow the healing process to begin. Once the process begins it will start to build up your health and vitality, build up your immune system to fight off infection, you will become better equipped to handle everyday stresses and then hopefully able to reach your full potential and enjoy your life into retirement.
Any changes made to your diet and lifestyle are negotiated and agreed with the client first and tailored to their individual needs and circumstances. This requires commitment from the client to want to improve their health, to follow the plan; they only let themselves down by not doing so.
Why I might need Nutritional Therapy?
You may have thought about Nutritional Therapy because you already suspect something is not right, you may have some of the following symptoms:
- Need Advice on Healthy Eating.
- Lack of energy.
- Feel fatigued.
- Need to Detox.
- Have bloating, wind or irritable bowel problems.
- You may already know you are allergic or intolerant to some foods, but not know exactly which ones.
- Weight Management.
- Feel depressed or anxious for no known reason.
- Respiratory problems like asthma.
- Suffering stress.
- Thyroid disorders.
- Skin Problems like eczema, acne, dry skin, flaky skin or psoriasis.
- PMS, PMT or menopause problems.
- Endometriosis or fibroids.
- Polycystic ovaries.
- Fertility Problems.
- Mental Health.
- High Cholesterol.
- High or Low blood pressure.
- Headaches or migraines.
- Arthritis, joint aches or rheumatism.
You may feel allergic to something from the following list:
- Animal Hair.
- Food Preservative/Additives.
- Food colouring.
- Dental Fillings.
- Heavy Metals.
- Recreational drugs.
- Washing Powders.
It may be that you feel you are short of something in your diet or physical body:·
- Amino Acids.
- Digestive Enzymes.
You may not know exactly what is wrong, but know you are not feeling 100%.
Allergy and food intolerance testing is very complex and needs to be looked at by a professional. It may be that you are intolerant to several foods, so what do you do? Do you then cut out a whole list of foods and end up with a very bland diet that you do not keep to? What if this diet is unsuitable because no replacement foods have been added to replace the key vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins etc. It may fail you as you miss out on complete food groups or nutrients you require.
It is important to see a person who is qualified, lives within travelling distance to you, offers one to one consultations, offers follow up visits, contact in between via email or phone to answer any concerns or questions and monitor your progress and offer support.
If you have a long term health problem, it may take longer to work upon. Think of it like an onion, the problem is the outer layer; this is the illness you may have been diagnosed with. The Nutritional Therapist is looking for the root core at the center of the onion, depending on how many years you have had the problem may be the amount of layers you need to remove. Nutritional therapy is a slow process, peeling off the layers of the onion, one step at a time, which may mean that adjustments need to be made at each visit as new emotional issues may arise, new intolerances or allergies, may appear whilst others may disappear, it all needs monitoring. Adjustments to the diet, lifestyle and food supplements will be made if required at each visit. It will take time to adjust to the changes, most food supplements take roughly three months to really show the effect on the physical body. So the process requires time to adjust, patience and good communication between the therapist and client. Dedication of keeping a diary showing what you eat and drink through the day, times of day, food supplements and medication taken, any exercise and sleep patterns. To write down any changes noticed both positive and negative, so these can be assessed on follow up visits. This also allows the client to take charge and control of the health and lifestyle, then in the future they should be able to assess quicker if something is not right and have the knowledge and tools to start seeing what needs to be done.
What does a consultation consist of?
I offer Health and Lifestyle Analysis using a variety of equipment including:
- Aura Med / Bio Pulsar Reflexograph including Aurascope Colour Psychology Software.
- Acugraph Digital Meridian Analysis.
- Compass Zyto biofeedback allergy and nutrition software.
- Mora RMS10 Allergy Testing Equipment.
The client will be asked to fill in a Client Questionnaire Form which is a detailed questionnaire to allow the therapist to build up a Health and Lifestyle picture of the client. The therapist will then use a variety of equipment to look at the energy of the client through bio-feedback equipment, this will then allow the therapist to build up a picture of the energy systems which are the meridians, chakra’s and aura, which are all connected to the endocrine system and the internal organs of the body.
Click here to Shop
A Health Style Analysis Form (Nature’s Sunshine) is then filled in to look at the Key Body Systems in the body, to see which ones are out of balance.
Key Body Systems:
- Digestive – Proactazyme.
- Intestinal – Bowel Build.
- Circulatory – Mega Chel.
- Nervous – Nutri Calm.
- Immune – Defence Maintenance.
- Respiratory – Fenugreek and Fennel.
- Urinary – Juniper and Parsley.
- Glandular metabolism – Master Gland.
- Glandular Reproductive – Master Gland.
- Structural. – Skeletal Strength.
All this data is then analysed in order to build up a picture of the client’s Mind, Body, Spirit and Emotions. It may be that there is also a Mind/Body issue caused by our emotions that may also need addressing, these will show up via the Aura Med and Aura Scope Software. The emotions affect the internal organs of the body and the endocrine systems.
The therapist would then look at these results and a second appointment will be made to discuss the results and a plan of action to take.
Before the Initial Consultation.
An appointment is arranged.
I will then send you a client questionnaire form to fill in; this is an in-depth report that requires detailed answers to be filled in, in a truthful manner.
I will then ask you to start filling in a food diary, listing any foods you eat, what you have to drink, supplements or medications you take, exercise and sleep. Try and record times of day you feel tired, have more energy, more concentration, more focus etc.
This should be completed for at least a week before the appointment; the longer it is filled in the better.
1. The first consultation is 1-1.5 hours; this is to check the Client questionnaire and food diary and discuss why the appointment has been booked. I will then use any appropriate equipment to do the Health and Lifestyle Analysis. I will then help you fill in the Nature’s Sunshine Lifestyle Analysis. I will then test for any allergies, it may be recommended you try cutting out some food from your diet. I may recommend some food supplements to bring your Key Systems back into balance.
2. The second consultation will be to discuss the tests taken last at the previous session and any report made. I will ask how you are feeling and look at the food diary. I will then work out a plan of action to follow the next few months.
3. There may be a follow up appointment every three months, to keep looking at the client’s progress, to see if any changes need to be made. These follow up sessions allow any questions to be asked, encourage motivation and help you achieve your goals.
Why do we need to take herbal supplements?
Diet is the main focus of a nutritional program but food supplements may be recommended for various reasons as part of the program:
• To compensate for vitamins and minerals missing from the diet.
• To build up your digestive system and its ability to absorb vitamins and minerals naturally from food.
• If a person is suffering from malnutrition to put the vitamins and minerals of good quality back into the body.
• Vitamins and minerals lacking through medical conditions.
• To help build up a healthy immune system.
The average age of people in the UK:
75 years for a man.
82 years for women.
The correct age span should be 110-120 years, still living a healthy active lifestyle.
Very few people in fact 1 in 10,000 actually die of old age! They die of illnesses that could have been prevented.
• You are what you eat! The food we consume often causes fatigue, bloating, weight gain, diabetes and other health problems.
• Poor diet and lifestyle.
• Lack of education through parents and the government on types of food to eat, we often start the day with the wrong type of nutrition.
• Diet designed for taste buds and not for our health and wellbeing.
• We eat mainly processed foods full of additives and preservatives. 80% of most diets are refined and processed food.
• Malnutrition Type B is now common in UK.
• Excess sugar, additives, salt and bad fats.
• We overcook our food which destroys the nutrition.
• Modern day farming leaves the soil depleted of minerals, in Europe 72% of the minerals have been lost in the last 100 years. In England 10% of the soil is infertile and increasing. We now need to eat 10 tomatoes to 1 we would have eaten in the 1940’s to get the same nutritional value from it.
• Pesticides are sprayed on the crops to kill bugs, mice and rats, these were originally developed as nerve poisons in the war by the Military. The pesticides destroy the micro-organisms in the soil; these are what make minerals available for the plants.
• The food we eat is harvested too early so it lasts longer. The nutritional content has not fully developed before harvesting.
• Food is put into cold storage for weeks and months depending on the crop, foods lose nutrition while in cold storage and are treated regular with preservatives to keep them looking good.
• Ageing and Stress can result in poor digestion of food.
• A poor digestive system can leave you deficient in nutrients.
• Depletion from drugs, many types of medication depletes nutrients in the body or destroy your friendly bacteria. Drugs like aspirins, paracetamol, antidepressants, statins and antibiotics.
• Environmental Pollution cause toxins in the body, toxins combined with a lack of cleansing nutrients can trigger asthma, allergies, congestion and inflammation.
We are like a car; we need fuel, water, oil, servicing and repairs from time to time. Even though our body is more complicated than a car, we use this analogy to identify that you too need fuel (nutrients), water, oil (essential fatty acids), servicing (health checks) and repairs (to help you when you are ill).
If you put the wrong type of fuel in your car then it will stop working. Like if we ingest too much salt, sugar, bad fats, alcohol, bad carbohydrates foods or toxins, then our body will eventually stop working properly too.
Our body is a finely tuned biological machine requiring the right types of nutrients, enzymes, water, oxygen and exercise to function
Due to recent EU Legislation it is no longer permitted to state, suggest or imply that nutritional therapy is or may be effective against any specific ill health condition. Food supplements are used for Preventative Healthcare, to bring the body back into harmony and balance.
Initial Consultation £80.00 including all tests.
Second Consultation £30.00
Further Consultations £15.00 for half an hour or £30.00 an hour.